Sunday, June 7, 2009

Unique bond of Love


Grandparents play a unique role in every child's life. They not only provide unconditional love but also symbolize the continuity and stability that are so important for a child.They play a vital role in establishing the child's basic mind set, beliefs and cultural ideas. They are the roots of the tree of life on which the child gleams like the fruit.
Grandparents are also great repositories of our epics and puranas. By sharing this with their little audience, they make the child familiar with the great cultural traditions and heritage of India.
Atharv is really lucky to have his grandparents around - Ayi. Mummy and Papa. As a kid, I was deprived of such love as I lost my mom's dad and father's dad when I was very young. Both the grannies also left the world soon. I actually envy kid whose grandparents are still around. Having said that this gap was filled by Chetan's nani maa. Her unconditional love that she showered on me when I was in Delhi has filled my heart with enough warmth.
Atharv's Dada Dadi has planned to stay one more week with us. He enjoys their presence. He blackmails his dadi by his nautanki cry, asking her to pick him up everytime when she is around. With Dadu, he just laughs endless. I take all the pride in having such a happy baby as they say, "Happy mothers produce happy kids".

No comments:

Post a Comment