Saturday, February 21, 2009

Vaccination










Father and son having good time

Today morning, Atharv got his another dose of vaccination. Dr. Kamath gave him DTP & Hib III vaccination in his left thigh. As usual, Atharv just cried for a minute or two and then he was quite. My pucchu baby. Today, I was well prepared and decided not to cry. First time (on 27/12/08) when Dr. injected Atharv with Hep II, DTPa, Hib I, OPV/IPV vaccinations, he cried for three minutes and I cried for ten. I still remember how scared he was when we came back home that night. I count this vaccination first because BCG, Rotavirus Vac I, Hep I and OPV is given on the second day when the baby is born. At that time, since I had a c-section done, a lady named Jyoti from Sehgal Nursing Home got it done for my little wonder. Now another vaccination called Penumococcal Vac I is due on 21/3/2009.



Dr. said, Atharv is a very happy and healthy kid. Every month he is putting on 1kg. Atharv now weighs 6.1kgs.Wowie!



Doctor also briefed us about weaning. Atharv will start his semi-solid food from 1st March 2009. We are planning for a very small 'Anna Prashan' ceremony at our place. All the folks who are reading this blog are invited to see how Atharv takes his first morsel on that day.OH MY GOD! I am so very exciteddddd. I feel like doing Aba-daba-doooooo (like Frank Flinstone.hehe). Big Muuuahhh to my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment