Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why this blog

One of the main reasons I started this blog was to chronicle my son's early years. For however many personal reasons I started this, I also wanted to take note of my son's growth and development; I wanted a place to chronicle memories I would one day be able to revisit and relive. I'm so wary of my Swiss-cheese memory that I wanted to get things down as they happened so that I would not forget them. This blog has become inspiration to many parents and to other individuals. I have started blogging since blogs were new to humankind (at least in India).

Initially I started blogging (Atharv’s blog) because as I realized we kept asking our parents – Tell me when did I do this, How did I feel, What were my fav things? Etc. And sometimes we do not get a satisfactory answer to our question. That’s why Atharv’s blog – A gift to him. Hopefully, Answer to all his questions when he grows up. Still, I am sure; he will have questions for me. Nevertheless. What are parents for?

Initially this blog was only for me. Slowly we started sharing the blog, as friends, relatives, colleagues wanted to know how Atharv looks like, what he does etc. And to my surprise all these people started following the blog. I remember, once for a long while I didn’t update the blog and people from Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore US (my friends)etc started calling me to update the blog. WOW. It feel so good.

Hope I get enough time in the world to look after my son and update his blog. By the way today my son completed 1 year and 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment